WorldMate CEO blog – Nadav Gur

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Location Based Hotel Booking


Well, the news is out, we now have location-based hotel booking in WorldMate Live both on mobile and on the web. The great thing about it is that it's so easy to explain. I was at a meeting with a VC a few weeks ago, and we were talking about online booking, and the guy says - "you know, I never have to do it, I just tell my secretary - find me a 4-star near the meeting, and it's done".

So in essence - that's what we launched. "Find me a 4-star near my meeting.". The meetings are there, the hotels are there, they're all laid out on a map, and hey presto! You got what you need. Try it. I'd love to hear what you think.

4 comments:

SnowBaked said...

Now, you could really enhance this using the GPS functionality on mobile devices to allow you to book a hotel nearby...
Also I have sometimes found myself stuck somewhere needing to find a hotel.
Now that would be great with the iphone!!!

Nadav Gur said...

Yes - that's exactly what we have on the mobile side. With GPS, or if you don't have it - cell-based location.

Online Money Making Opportunities said...

It is very helpfull to search out the location which you want.

home control-85 said...

These articles are greatly appreciated.Very clear and useful for a newbie like me.Some great information to be absorbed in this post.Thanks a lot for sharing.Keep blogging.